Contact with us through our representative or submit a business inquiry onlineRead More
The WorkSaver fitness for duty testing protocol is conducted on a post-offer basis and includes a detailed medical history and intake interview, monitoring and recording of vital signs, detailed head-to-toe physical examinations, baseline functional assessments, and job-specific validated work simulation functional tests.
Specific Components of WorkSaver Tests
01. Health history questionnaire
02. Intake interview of health history
03. Baseline heart rate and blood pressure measurements
04. Continuous heart rate monitoring during examination and strategic post-exertional BP monitoring
05. Detailed musculoskeletal examination to include the special tests for screening out medical conditions that would create an immediate threat to safety (e.g., soft tissue injuries such as sprains and strains, disc and nerve injuries, abnormal cardiovascular conditions, and disorders of the cervical spine, shoulder/rotator cuff, wrist/carpal tunnel, hands, thoracic spine, lumbar spine, pelvis/SI Joint, hips, knees, ankles and feet)
06. Neurological examination (e.g., pupillary reflexes, balance, coordination, etc.)
07. Manual muscle testing
08. Spinal range of motion measurements (AMA Guides).
09. Strength and flexibility assessments
10. Measurements of any pre-existing impairments that may exist
11. Job-specific manual material handling tests (e.g., lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling)
12. Job-specific balance and coordination tests
12. Job-specific postural and flexibility tests
13. Job-specific aerobic demand tests (e.g., stair and ladder climbing; repetitive motions)
14. Job-specific tests with PPE such as respirators and SCBAs.
WorkSaver testing is designed to:
a. assess pre-injury functional and physical status of test recipients,
b. identify and measure any pre-existing impairments,
c. determine if a test recipient can perform the essential functions of the job safely,
d. instruct the test recipient on proper body mechanics during material handling, and
e. provide wellness feedback related to improving strength, flexibility, aerobic fitness, achieving weight loss, smoking cessation, etc.
WorkSaver Employee Testing Systems 478 Corporate Dr. Houma, LA 70360